Monday, December 19, 2011

Challah Rolls

Somehow the last several times I've made challah, even though spread out over years, I have felt really meloncholy - so I always think of the obvious punny "mellonchallah". I wonder if even just saying challah now makes me melancholy, like power of suggestion. Whatever it is, I hope these enzymes or emotions don't end up in the dough like a "Water for Chocolate" type phenom. Anyway, the rolls look and smell delicious. We'll know soon enough if suddenly everyone becomes somber at the Chanukkah party.

2 comments:

LA Gamine said...

Maybe you could put on gwen stefani's record and play the "ain't no challah back girl" song and then it would infuse them with no mellonchallah vibes and then when everyone eats then they will just feel the need to dress like litte harijuku girls!

patisserieD said...

What a tremendously superfantastic idea!
I'm feeling the need already and I've never even heard the song