Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall is here, just like that.



Missing Tommy who is working in LA, warm, sunshiny...meanwhile here the weather has done a complete 180 just like it's bound to do at this time - summer out, heaters kicked on. Invited Harry over - the only thing you can do is make soup.
This particular soup, I believe, contains healing powers. I made it the day after an upsetting phone call with a good friend, who'd told me his mom had passed away. Feeling a bit helpless, but wanting to help somehow I made some soup and left it by his door. I figured it might offer comfort and warmth, as it was February, and I don't know. Anyway this soup was made in honor of Millie, Randy's mom. And maybe because of that it has healing alchemic powers. Or so I like to think....hey try it. If you are feeling sad, or lonely, or just chilly, make Millie's lentil soup. It'll warm yer cockles. Better still, make it for a friend.
Served it with a roasted beet salad, with caramelized walnuts, which was really delicious.

No comments: