Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friday evening and a Movia Pinot Nero


I had read much about Ales kristancic's Movia winery in Slovenia. He seemed like such an interesting cat, I became really intrigued. Realistically, our budget does not allow for too much extravagant behavior of any kind, especially of the wine buying kind, BUT I decided one day to pick one bottle...(the 2004 Pinto Nero, was what I located, as it turned out) as a special treat. I was saving it and saving it....and then Friday night it was hot and steamy and I felt a bit naughty and thought, what the heck, living is for the now! And all the other sorts of rationalizations we do before we induge in something we think we maybe better not.
Now, I've not too often in my life felt wine "experiences", I mean, as of late, esp with all the budget wines we've been consuming, they sort of go down pretty much as an after hard work, take the strain of the day away panacea and not much more.
But this wine...it was so delicious and unctuous - it was almost hard to describe. Tommy had not returned hom from work yet, and I was just sipping and sort of wafting about the apartment in wonder and joy and easing into a hallucenagenic tranquil and beautiful sort of delirium. (which was most probably brought on by high intense heat and humidity, as well as the wine). I kept thinking of Man Ray and David Lynch-ian images, vampires, blood, black velvet, fabulousness, all sorts of beguiling other stuff...maybe Slovenia subliminally reminded me of Transylvania? I don't know, but it was such a delectable experience. I see a note I wrote from Friday - it said, Cinnamon, Coffee, Chocolate...it was quite a sexy wine and I'm glad my intuition told me the moment was ripe for it.
Now, I am trying to locate more, or more Movia wines in general. If anyone has a clue let me know. Where to buy them in Chicago, because they seem to have vanished...like vampire..........

No comments: